Saniflo 014 Sanigrind Pro Grinder Pump
Saniflo 014 Sanigrind Pro Grinder Pump
The Sanigrind Pro is a 1 HP pump system used to install a complete bathroom up to 25 feet below the sewer line, or even up to 150 feet away from a soil stack. It incorporates a grinder system which is ideal for uncontrolled environments in both residential and commercial applications (ie. rental unit, offices, warehouses, etc). The Sanigrind Pro is designed to handle sanitary products that may have been flushed down the toilet; such may consist of condoms, sanitary napkins, q-tips, dental floss, etc.
- Discharges waste through a 3/4" or 1" rigid pipe. A non-return valve is included on the discharge elbow assembly provided with the system. This elbow can be rotated 360 degrees depending on the discharge installation.
- Designed with a 1-1/2" vent connection on the top of the lid. All plumbing codes require connection to a vent system. Please note that the vent system should be a two-way air vent as air needs to freely flow both ways. Note: The use of mechanical vents, air admittance valves or similar devices is not permitted.
- This pump is designed to be connected to any conventional toilet with a bottom outlet (not supplied by Saniflo.) Note that there should be a minimum 1/4" per foot gravity fall on the waste pipe coming from the toilet into the pump.
- Will also discharge gray water from any sink, bath/shower, or urinal and even a washing machine (indirect connection.) The wastewater will drain into the system via two 2" inlets with built-in check valves on either side of the housing. Note than when adding a bathtub/shower, the base should be raised up by a minimum 8" off the floor.
- An easy access service panel is located on the top of the pump. This will give you easy access to the electrical components such as the capacitor, microswitch, electronic board and membrane.
The Sanigrind Pro is the best solution to install a full bathroom in demanding situations using any conventional toilet.
- For full bathroom applications
- ↑ 25 Ft ↑ and/or ← 150 Ft →
- Grinder system designed to handle sanitary products
- Easy access service panel
The inside of the Sanigrind Pro comprises of a pressure chamber, which starts and stops the unit, and the motor, which drives the stainless steel cutting blade and the pump. When the flush is activated, the water flowing into the Sanigrind Pro activates a micro switch in the pressure chamber, which in turn starts the motor. The motor is sealed for life in an oil filled enclosure. A common spindle/shaft drives the impeller and the blades. The moving parts therefore are kept to an absolute minimum. Water and organic waste matter, enter the chamber and are reduced to slurry as the blades rotate at 3600 RPM. The reduced solids are picked up at the bottom and the impeller mounted beneath the motor ejects the waste. The unit pumps the effluent upward to 25 feet and/or 150 feet horizontally (with gravity fall). Once the water level in the container goes down, the micro switch deactivates. The operating cycle for the Sanigrind Pro varies depending upon the discharge pipe run configuration.
In addition, the Sanigrind Pro will also discharge gray water from a variety of other sanitary fixtures such as: a sink, a bathtub/shower, a urinal and even a washing machine (indirect connection). When adding a bathtub/shower, there should be a height difference between the base of the pump and the base of the bathtub or shower. This height difference should be of 8”, to allow for the installation of a P-trap and the required 1/4” per foot gravity flow towards the pump unit.
The wastewater from other sanitary fixtures is discharged into the Sanigrind Pro via two 2-inch inlets, on either side of the housing. The discharge elbow on top of the Sanigrind Pro can be rotated 360 degrees depending on the discharge installation. A non-return valve (included in assembly) prevents back flow into the unit.
This unit has been designed with a vent connection on the lid. All plumbing codes require connection to a vent system. Please note that the vent system should be a two-way air vent. The use of mechanical vents, air admittance valves or similar devices are not permitted as these are considered one-way air vent systems. It is highly recommended for the system to be connected to a Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) circuit.
Periodic maintenance can be accomplished easily without having to disconnect the unit from either the toilet or the rest of the plumbing system. Through a service panel, a service contractor can easily access the electrical components as well as the level sensor mechanism of the pump.
The Sanigrind Pro unit must be connected to a standard conventional toilet with a bottom outlet. The maximum distance from a toilet should be no more than 36 inches and should have enough gravity fall.
|Power Supply:||120 V - 60 Hz|
|Motor:||1 HP oil-filled thermally protected motor|
|Water Consumption||Depends on toilet system|
|Shower/bathtub base min height:||8" min|
|Operating Maximum Temperature:||104°F (110°F Max.)|
|Amperage (Amps)||9.0 Max|
|Power Cord Length:||49 inches|
|Noise Level:||≤ 63 dBA|
|Horizontal discharge||150 ft|
|Vertical discharge||25 ft|
|Discharge Pipe Diameter:||3/4" or 1"|
|Discharge Rate at 25 ft:||19 gal/min (72 liters/min)|
|Discharge Rate at 3 ft:||38 gal/min (145 liters/min)|
|Shut-off Head:||38 ft|
|Normal Running Time:||Depends on toilet system
|Inlets:||1 1/2'' vent (top) 2'' (sides)|
|Method of Activation:||Membrane / microswitch|
|Tank volume||3.2 gallons|
|Certifying Agencies:||CSA (IPC, NSPC) IAPMO (UPC)|
|Capacitor rating (microfarad):||60|
|Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth):||10 ½” x 20 5/16” x 8”|