Blue Monster 70886 Pipe Thread Sealing Tape
Blue Monster 70886 PFTE Pipe Thread Sealing Tape, 3/4" x 1429"
Products usually ship within 1 business day.
Blue Monster PTFE Thread Seal Tape is a thicker, denser, general-purpose thread seal tape that comes in a monstrous 1,429" roll. That’s 5 times more tape than conventional rolls of low-density thin tapes. Fewer wraps are necessary to affect a leak-proof seal and it applies easily. No waste and no re-taping make sealing joints a breeze. Now available in a smaller roll, Mini-Monster PTFE thread sealant tape.
Blue Monster thread sealing tape is manufactured from PTFE resin, a polymer consisting of recurring tetrafluoroethylene monomers whose formula is (CF2-CF2)n. It is inert and compatible with a very wide range of materials. Use Blue Monster on threads made from galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS, fiberglass and more. It can be used on pipes carrying the following:
(see precautions) and Acids, dilute
- Alcohols, Gasohol
- Aliphatic solvents, Aromatic solvents, Chlorinated solvents
- Ammonia, liquid
- Compressed air, Steam, Water
- Cutting oils
- Diesel fuel oil
- Ethylene glycol, Glycerine
- Fatty acids
- Heating oils, Kerosene
- Hydraulic fluids, Hydraulic oils
- Hydrogen, gaseous and liquid, Inert gases, gaseous and liquid
- Jet fuel
- Ketones, Petroleum solvents
- Liquid Petroleum Gas, Natural gas
- Mineral oils, Vegetable oils
- Nitrogen, gaseous and liquid
- Soap, liquid
Composition: 99.6% PTFE < 0.4%
Pigment Color: Blue
Thickness: 0.0035" +/- 10%
Tensile Strength: 15N / mm2
Pressure rating: Mill-Rose Blue Monster Thread Sealing Tape has been used to seal fittings carrying water and oil at pressures up to 10,000 PSI or 69,000kPa
Note: Pressure ratings are relative to the quality and torque of the fittings and the amount of tape used.
Temperature Range: -450°F to +500°F (-268°C to +260°C) PTFE is completely stable up to +500o F or +260°C. Decomposition is slow up to 750°F or 400°C. Although decomposition will occur on contact with naked flames.
Fittings above 1½" (38mm) diameter.
- Use 3/4" (19mm) wide tape for fittings up to 2" (51mm) in diameter. Use 1" (25mm) wide tape for fittings larger than 2" (51mm) in diameter.
- Follow the directions under "Instructions".